- Line a 7-inch square pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place the cherries into a small saucepan and heat slowly until they simmer for a few minutes. They will soften and become mushy. Allow to cool.
- In a different saucepan, slowly melt the coconut butter with the coconut oil. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a bowl add the desiccated coconut, pour the melted coconut mixture over the coconut and mix very well.
- Using ⅔ of this mixture, spread evenly over the base of the pan and press down firmly. (approx 1 cup). With the remaining coconut mixture, add the cooled cherries and mix well.
- Spread the cherry mixture evenly over the base layer and press down firmly. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave or double boiler gently melt the chocolate. Once the slice is set, drizzle with the melted chocolate. Allow to set for another 15 minutes in the fridge.