- In your blender, combine nut milk, vanilla extract, beetroot and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth and beet is completely pureed. Set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the beet mixture from the blender into the dry ingredients. Add the melted coconut oil and gentle mix the batter together. Do not over mix. Batter will be thick.
- Heat up your waffle iron (see image for which iron I use). If needed, coat with a little oil to prevent sticking. Once hot, pour ½ cup of batter onto the waffle iron.
- When each waffle is done, transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Enjoy warm topped with berries, raw honey, coconut yoghurt or nut butter.
- Allow leftovers to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container in your fridge for up to 4 days or in your freezer for up to a month.