Packed with nutrients and minerals, this tasty prebiotic bread is great for digestion and weight loss!
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line a bread pan with baking paper.
- Combine the flour and wet ingredients in a food processor or Thermomix and blend until well-mixed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into the parchment-lined baking pan and spread to about 2-3 inch thickness. It’s easy to form as the flax-meal will make the dough quite springy. If you want thinner bread, divide between 2 bread pans; otherwise this makes one thicker loaf. Keep in mind the dough doesn’t rise much and is quite dense.
- Bake at 180℃ for around 40 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing. The cooled bread has more resistant starch to feed your good bacteria!
- This recipe also makes a good grain-free pizza crust. Just spread thin on a baking sheet or pizza pan. (I like to add Italian dried spices and chopped garlic to the dough.)
Green Banana flour is a highly nutritious resistant starch and fermentable fibre. It is full of Inulin, an excellent prebiotic food which encourages and feeds probiotic growth. Also gluten-free, sugar-free, grain-free and low-allergen.