- In a mixing bowl or stand-up mixer, combine sugar, butter, miso, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well until creamy and set aside.
- Blend the oats in a blender until a coarse flour texture is attained. Transfer into a bowl and mix well with the remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold in the dry mix with the wet mixture to make your cookie dough. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix well.
- Place cookie dough in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more flavourful it gets.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a couple of baking trays with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with a large tablespoon or ice-cream scoop onto to baking tray. Be sure to leave at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies so they can spread evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. When done, take out of the oven and cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container.