- Prepare 3 to 4 small glass jars for pickling (or you can use just one big jar if you wish).
- Thinly slice the onions and distribute equally across each jar together with the herbs, garlic and peppercorns.
- Next, heat the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved (about 1 minute). Let cool and pour over the onions.
- Set the jars aside to cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge.
- Your pickled onions will be ready for consumption in a short time—about 1 hour for very thinly sliced onions, or overnight for thicker sliced onions.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to a month.