- Wash and soak black beans for at least 4 hours, then cook, cool and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Line baking tray with baking paper and olive oil.
- Lay sweet potatoes on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Roast at 180°C for about 30-35 minutes or until tender to touch.
- Meanwhile, remove avocado seeds and scoop out the flesh into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mash avocado and add all other ingredients except for the black beans and chives. Mix well to make your avocado topping.
- Remove sweet potato halves from oven when ready. Top with black beans and the avocado dip. Sprinkle with chives before serving.