- Pre-make the cake component of the Basil Berry Cake. You can find the recipe here.
- Pre-make the Natural Gummies. You can find the recipe here. (I like to make a few different gummy colours for the layers.)
- Chop or slice the assorted fruits.
- To assemble the trifle, use either a big glass trifle bowl or single-serve glasses.
Arrange the layers in this order:
- Cut out a layer of the gummies the size of your glass for your base layer.
- Next, either cut the cake into the size of your glass or into large cubes. Assemble on top of the gummy layer.
- Add some sherry, if desired. Then add the yoghurt or cream.
- Add a layer of fruits.
- Add another layer of the gummies.
- Add a cake layer.
- Add another yoghurt or cream layer.
- Add another layer of fruits.
- Continue until the layers reach the top of the bowl or glass, then decorate with fruits and edible flowers.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.