These little gems are to die for! Wheat-free, egg-free and dairy-free. Try them just once and you will be hooked!
- Combine the dates, walnuts, 6 tbsp cacao, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, water, and salt in a food processor. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down as needed. It may be a little dry but don't add any more water.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan or line with baking paper. Transfer dough to pan and press very firmly until dough is evenly distributed.
- To prepare the frosting, combine remaining cacao and vanilla extract with the maple syrup and oil in a mixing bowl. Stir until mixture forms a paste then spread evenly over dough in the baking pan.
- Refrigerate brownies for at least 2 hours to set.
- Keep them away from your kids and husband!