This healthy, homemade muesli makes a great start to your day!
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use your clean hands to toss and mix well, making sure you coat the oats with the oils and sweetener.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until very lightly toasted. (Time may vary between ovens.)
- Cool before serving or storing. This muesli can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to two weeks. It can also be kept in a mason jar in the refrigerator. (If you want more muesli, double the batch and freeze.)
- TIP: For activated oats or buckwheat, soak the grain overnight in a little water. Rinse in the morning and heat on a baking tray until dry. Then follow the instructions above.
Use buckwheat flakes for a gluten-free, whole oats option. You can also use coconut syrup, pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup in place of raw honey. Raw seed mix can be any combination of hemp, flax, sunflower, and/or pumpkin seeds.