- Place the spinach, with water clinging to leaves, in a large saucepan. Place over high heat. Cook, covered, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until spinach wilts. Drain in a large colander. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.
- Use your hands to squeeze as much liquid from the spinach as possible. Finely chop and place in a bowl.
- Add the ricotta to the spinach and stir until well combined. Add the egg and parmesan and stir to combine. Add the flour and stir to form soft, sticky dough.
- Using lightly floured hands, roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into logs. Place on a lightly floured baking tray.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until wine reduces by half. Add the tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add one-third of the gnocchi (it will sink to the bottom). Cook for 5 mins or until gnocchi float to the surface and are cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining gnocchi.
- Spoon the tomato sauce into serving bowls. Divide gnocchi among bowls. Serve sprinkled with extra parmesan and rocket.