- In a food processor, combine garlic, shallots, parsley, coriander, spices. Pulse until every-thing is minced. Add the chick peas and pulse until it is a course mixture. Don’t over process. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the egg and quinoa. Mix until everything is well combined and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Form the patties, in the palm of your hand.
- Scoop out roughly 2 tablespoons worth of the mixture. Form into a ball and press down slightly to form patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large fry pan.
- Add as many of the falafel as you can without crowding the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side, flip, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Falafel should be cooked through and crisp on the outside. You don't want to overcook. Repeat with the remaining falafel, adding the extra tablespoon of coconut oil if needed.
- Serve in a flat bread, pita bread or lettuce cup with hummus, avocado or your favorite spread.