- In a large bowl add 1 cup of beans and mash with a masher (chunks are OK).
- Next add in the mushrooms the rest of the beans, broccoli, garlic, onion and worcestershire sauce.
- Add in the eggs, cheese, panko or bread crumbs and mix gently with a large spoon until the mixture is combined.
- Set aside for 30 mins. In a medium non-stick pan over medium heat the oil.
- Once the oil starts to shimmer (about a minute or two), using dampened hands (the mixture will stick to you if you don’t), scoop a 1/2 cup of mixture into the palm of your hand and gently shape into a burger all the while pressing together. The mixture should hold a burger shape. If it doesn’t add just a little more of the panko/bread crumbs.
- Place in the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
- Serve with hummus, guacamole or homemade salsas.