- Cut the tofu into rectangles (approximately 1 cm thick).
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil until quite hot.
- Add the tofu and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing water, soy, chilli paste, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the marinade to the tofu and turn the heat down to low. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes on each side or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped shallots. Serve warm.