- To make the sauce combine fish sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and sugar in a jar. Mix until sugar has dissolved.
- In a mortar and pestle add the tomatoes, garlic and chilies and the peanuts and pound until slightly mushy and mixed together.
- Add the tomato mixture to the jar and shake until combined. Taste and adjust with extra fish sauce, lime juice or little sugar if required.
- In a large bowl add the papaya and carrot and toss together.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the papaya and toss lightly. Garnish with peanuts and coriander and serve.