- Wash the okra and pat dry. Remove the stems then cut into 2-cm pieces.
- Place the chillis and garlic in a food processor or blender. Add 3 tbsp of water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste in a small bowl and add the cumin, turmeric and coriander. Combine well.
- Heat the oil and add the paste, allowing the spices to cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the okra, salt, sugar and lemon juice. Stir fry gently for around 8 minutes or until the okra is tender and the mixture quite dry.
- Serve and enjoy!