- Mix the salt and the ground turmeric together, and gently rub over each side of the fish fillets.
- In a frying pan heat the oil, add the onion, chillies, fresh turmeric and garlic and stir-fry for a few minutes. Add the curry leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer.
- Carefully add the fish in a single layer. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes on each side (depending on how thick the fillet is). When the fish is quite firm to touch it should be cooked.
- Remove from the heat. Serve scattered with chopped coriander.