- Thoroughly rinse buckwheat groats and soak in double the amount of water for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight (out of the sun and in a cool place). Rinse buckwheat groats after soaking until the water is clear.
- Bring 2 cups soaked buckwheat and ½ cup of water to boil in a saucepan. Once boiling, cover and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes until groats are fully soft (stir frequently). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Steam, boil or bake your sweet potato until cooked. Ensure it's not too soft.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a big bowl and mix well.
- Add buckwheat, green herbs (parsley, basil) and onion. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss evenly. Transfer into a large salad bowl and serve.
- Optional: You may sprinkle pomegranate and/or hemp seeds on top before serving.